Get help paying for health insurance
A new refundable tax credit, called the Premium Assistance Credit, is available to subsidize the purchase of health insurance for certain taxpayers. The Premium Assistance Credit can be applied directly to the premiums or can be recovered when filing your tax return. To qualify, the following must be true.
- Health insurance may not be available through an employer or the government
- Your household income must be between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level
- You must file a joint return if you are married
- You may not be a dependent on another taxpayer’s return
- You must be a US citizen, national or alien lawfully in the US
- You may not be incarcerated
- You must be enrolled in a qualified health plan
Similar healthcare questions answered
- Am I required to have health care coverage?
- Who is exempt from the health care coverage requirement?
- How do I get help in paying for health insurance?
- What happens if I don’t comply with the requirement to have health care coverage?
- What are investment and medical surcharges?
Ready to get started?
Not quite ready yet?
Need more tax help?
How to contact us
- Call us: 520-777-7844
- Visit us: see year-round office hours
- Email us regarding general questions and appointments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask us income tax questions: fill out this short form
- Follow us on facebook
- Fax: 520-777-7346
Visit our office in Old Farm Executive Park just west of Costco
Click on the map below to get directions from your current location. Note that our office is not visible from Grant Road. It is located in Old Farm Executive Park, as seen in the map below.
Tucson Tax Team
6111 E. Grant Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85712
©2018 Tucson Tax Team. All rights reserved. Special thanks to Robert Mion, a Charlotte, NC web designer, for his help building and designing our website.