Public school credit
- Single taxpayers may contribute up to $200 and married taxpayers filling jointly may contribute up to $400 to public and charter schools that provide instruction in grades K-12.
- Donations must be made by the time you file your tax return, but no later than April 15th of the following year.
- You need not have a child in school in order to claim this credit.
- Fees paid for extracurricular activities (field trips, fine arts, sports teams, and character education programs), even if they are paid for your own child’s use, qualify for this credit.
- Donations made by school organizations such as PTA, clubs, etc., do not qualify; payments must be made directly to the school or the school district.
- Unused amounts may be carried forward for up to five consecutive years.
Receipts are required documentation for all tax credits. If you do not receive a receipt shortly after making a donation, contact the organization and request one.
The five tax credits
- Public school credit
- School tuition organization credit
- Qualified charitable credit
- Qualified foster care credit
- Military relief fund credit
Ready to get started?
Not quite ready yet?
Need more tax help?
How to contact us
- Call us: 520-777-7844
- Visit us: see year-round office hours
- Email us regarding general questions and appointments: email@example.com
- Ask us income tax questions: fill out this short form
- Follow us on facebook
- Fax: 520-777-7346
Visit our office in Old Farm Executive Park just west of Costco
Click on the map below to get directions from your current location. Note that our office is not visible from Grant Road. It is located in Old Farm Executive Park, as seen in the map below.
Tucson Tax Team
6111 E. Grant Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85712
©2018 Tucson Tax Team. All rights reserved. Special thanks to Robert Mion, a Charlotte, NC web designer, for his help building and designing our website.