How Arizona tax credits work
- A tax credit is different from a deduction; a deduction reduces your taxable income; a credit reduces your actual tax, dollar for dollar.
- The State of Arizona has a number of tax credits that can reduce your tax liability to, but not below, zero. You can use as many of the tax credits as you wish.
- Unused amounts are not refunded, but may be carried forward for up to five consecutive tax years.
- Donations that qualify for Arizona tax credits may also be deducted as itemized deductions on the Federal return, but do not qualify as deductions on the Arizona return.
- Donations must be in cash, credit, check or credit card.
- Donations of goods, though they do qualify as an itemized deduction, do not qualify for this credit.
Order a free Arizona tax credit brochure
The five tax credits
Visit our office in Old Farm Executive Park just west of Costco
Click on the map to get directions from your current location. Note that our office is not visible from Grant Road. It is located in Old Farm Executive Park, as seen in the map.